Monday, October 22, 2007

Posing for pictures

I think Grant is beginning to understand that we want him to smile when we pull out the camera. Either that or he likes the red light that shines in his face. He's become quite a good sitter. He can hold himself up with his hands when he sits on the floor, but I always have to sit behind him because he will eventually throw himself back when he gets bored.

Grant has been enjoying some delicious rice cereal off and on for the past couple of weeks. Sometimes it seems like more work than it's worth for him to take in a few bites of rice cereal, but he seems to like it. We're thinking about starting some baby veggies and fruits pretty soon, which will give him more color options for painting his face.

So the infant chair has been one of the best baby gifts that we received (thanks again to Tracie, Troy and Robyn!). But as you can see here, Grant grows weary of being confined in a supine position and will begin to escape if left unattended for any length of time. He has never quite made it all the way out before I get him, but I would like to see where he plans on going.

Grant has also been practicing his crawling skills for the past couple of weeks. He can get up on all fours quite well and wiggles there for awhile, but only his reverse works. In this picture I had put him down to play with his book and when I came back a minute later he had backed himself between the bookshelf and baby swing. Needless to say he gets a little frustrated when he goes farther from his toys instead of toward them.

This is a cute picture of my two boys, I just love them!

7 comments:

Jenna said...

He's just getting too big! Do you know yet if you're coming to Robyn's wedding? It would be fun to see you!

Christine Kimball said...

He is really cute! I think he looks a little like you in that picture where he's sitting in the crib.

Bacchus Family said...

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED! See my blog for details.
It is nice to know that Charles isn't the only crazy baby. Don't you just love them?!

Bacchus Family said...

I know you already did the tag thing, but I had to tag 6 people and I only know so many blog people.

daveandbri said...

Erin- time for some more pics! Did you guys do anything for Halloween? How's baby boy doing? I bet he's getting close to crawling if not there already! Keep us posted (no pun intended ha ha).

daveandbri said...

Erin- time for some more pics! Did you guys do anything for Halloween? How's baby boy doing? I bet he's getting close to crawling if not there already! Keep us posted (no pun intended ha ha).

Jessica Jackson said...

Hello Woods! We didn't even know you had a little boy! That's great. He's adorable. Fun Halloween pics. Hope all is well for you! -the Jacksons