Sunday, May 20, 2012

Continuing where we left off...part 2

 About a week after arriving in Yakima, we loaded once again into the van and headed back down to Utah. My brother, David, was graduating from BYU and my parents and sister and her family were going to be in Utah for several days, so we couldn't miss the party.  It was great to get together with family and it's always fun to be in Utah for a few days (especially when staying at Nana's).  We were able to spend time with family, go shopping, eat delicious food, make a couple trips to IKEA, and just have fun.  After my parents and sister left, Ryan also left to go to a shotgun course in Vegas with his brothers.  So it was just me, Nana and the kids for a few days, but it was still a lot of fun.  Oh, and I chopped off my hair. 
 My cousin Holly did a great job and I love the cut.  I can't tell you how nice it was the first few times I washed and then combed through my hair.  It was so quick to wash and then dry afterward, I didn't know what to do with the extra time!  I do sometimes miss having longer hair, but this is a fun cut and I'm enjoying having it shorter for now.
 So now we are done traveling and trying to get settled in Yakima.  Ryan officially started work the Monday after getting back from Utah and has really enjoyed it.  He really likes the people he works with and is excited about the opportunities ahead with the company.  Luke is really growing up in the month we've been here by learning how to sit up, crawl, and begin to feed himself. 
He was wondering where that last puff went he was trying to get in his mouth :)

 Tate has continued to be his regular self: a super hero, kick-boxing boy who also has a softer side that likes to clean, bake, and give hugs.  
Grant misses his preschool in the afternoons but still manages to keep himself busy during the boys' nap time by coloring or working on Kindergarten workbooks.  I think he probably already knows most things covered in the Kindergarten and 1st grade curriculums, but he's still excited for school in the Fall.

 We now have a lawn to care for here in Yakima and the boys are so excited to help (once again)!  They each had to take turns pushing the mower and running the weed whacker with dad, which has become a weekly obsession for them both.
 I like seeing these father/son moments.  Plus, I know it won't be too long before the boys are not excited to cut the grass.


1 comment:

Butler Family said...

LOVE ALL the new pictures and updates. your little boys are so handsome and getting so big. I really love your new haircut!!