Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Kid Hot Tub

Bath time in the Wood house is all about speed and efficiency.  We have a removable spray nozzle on our shower head so we usually just stand the boys in the tub, lather them up, and then spray them down to get them squeaky clean.  I believe we have given Grant a tub bath a few times but the spray down is the only kind of bath that Tate knows.
While at my parents house this Christmas, a bottle of shower gel got knocked over and spilled in the bathroom.  I thought we shouldn't let it go to waste so I scooped it up and made a bubble bath for the boys (there was a lot of spilled soap that resulted in a lot of bubbles)
I guess the bubbles in the water reminded Tate of the hot tub at the pool we go to on campus.  The boys named the experience Kid Hot Tub.  Now, every night, Kid Hot Tub is requested and has become the highlight of the evening (almost surpassing their daily treat allotment if they've eaten their dinner).  It's a win win situation: the kids are actually excited to get a bath, and we look like cool parents because we let them have a Kid Hot Tub.  One day they may actually discover that this is how most normal children bathe, but until then we'll let the kids think we're just being extra nice.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

WOOHOO! Long live Kid Hot Tub! Now, if they could be introduced to Kid Diving Hot Tub (get a running start from the hallway and dive head first into the tub of bubbles :) Makes a huge mess but oh so fun - I wouldn't let that one out of the bag for anything - our poor mother!