Monday, August 22, 2011

He's offically a big boy!

 Tate has actually "officially" been a big boy since the middle of July, I'm just late at posting (as usual).  As with Grant, we had a one day Potty Party for Tate.  Since potty training went so well with Grant I figured it would be too good to be true for it to go smoothly with Tate, too.  But Tater surprised us with not only figuring out how to go potty right away, but having only 3 accidents and staying dry during naps and all night from the start!  I guess he was more ready that I was!

 Here is the chart Ryan put together for Tate's potty party.  It is actually still up in the downstairs bathroom and the boys periodically add stickers to it when the mood hits them.  In this picture the boys took the liberty of censuring the poster.  They strategically placed a turtle and cat sticker over the toilet full of poop and pee (in the left column of pictures).  However, it was probably not the most appropriate censuring since Grant laughed as he carefully placed the turtle sticker.  "This turtle is drinking the delicious pee pee!" he laughed, as he placed the turtle's mouth to intercept the stream of cartoon pee. Boys will be boys, I suppose.
 
Why are pictures of kids on the potty so dang cute!?!
Nice work Tater!  Thanks to you I've been enjoying this 2 1/2 month break from diapers.  Baby #3, bring on the meconium!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

'Rin, you are SO FUNNY! I've been laughing for 10 minutes straight! So glad Ryan found a woman who can match him in the witty banter! WOW - miss you all - the boys are getting so BIG and continue to be the cutest boys in the world, of course! And can't wait for baby boy #3. You are so blessed. So glad you had a fun summer. LOVE YOU!