Sunday, May 1, 2011

No lack of self-confidence.

Grant after coming home from a Superhero Birthday Party.  He has on a floaty swimsuit, Batman symbols painted on his cheeks, and the new-found conviction to defend truth and justice at all costs.  Evil-doers beware!!

Fact 1:  Grant is very social and makes friends easily.

Fact 2:  Grant is surprisingly intelligent for his age.

Fact 3:  Grant has become aware of Fact 1 and Fact 2.

Two stories to illustrate:

  • A few days ago, Grant spent an afternoon playing outside with friends.  After coming in he said, "I have a lot of friends because I'm such a fun guy to be with."  I agreed with him.
  • Today we were listening to a CD of Primary songs after church.  I went upstairs to check my email and when Grant came up I told him he could watch one of his church movies (the Living Scripture videos on VHS) and that I would be down in a minute to put it on for him.  He trotted downstairs and I followed about two minutes later to put on his video.  When I got downstairs I saw him sitting on the couch with a blanket over him, watching one of the church videos.  This was surprising because we had never shown him how to use the DVD/VHS player and it is high on the entertainment center, out of his reach.  When I asked him how he put the movie on by himself, his reply was "Because I'm so smart!"  I could only agree with him again.   
I should note here that Grant doesn't say these things with an air of cockiness, but as a simple matter of fact, much like one would say, "It certainly is sunny today," or, "Dairy Queen Blizzards are the most delicious ice cream treat of them all!"  I also can't help but think that Ryan has played some role in Grant's gaining this undeniable self confidence, in order to continue the long line of self-assured Wood men. What's a girl to do with such boys?  ;)

3 comments:

Christine Kimball said...

It would probably be kind of nice to be able to feel that way about yourself.... maybe I just need to be a funner guy to be around.

Cheryl said...

That's hilarious! Way to go, Grant! You're the best...and the smartest...and the funnest...oh, AND the toughest looking superhero I know! Miss that little guy and love him to pieces! Thanks for giving Auntie Cher a good laugh.

Butler Family said...

that is just too adorable. That is how Keagan is going to be I just have a feeling. Maybe it is just the 2nd son syndrome or something but either way it is so so so CUTE!!!