So a week after we got back from our trip to VA, I was packed and off to Girl's Camp for 4 days to be the camp nurse. I'm in the YW presidency in our ward and so I wanted to go and hang out with the girls and plus I thought it would be fun. It was a lot of fun! Being the nurse wasn't too hectic either. I had to teach a few first aid classes and be in charge of several girls prescribed meds. Other than that, most of my nursing duties consisted of passing out Ibprofen, dealing with minor cuts and then mosquito bites. The last day got a little hairy though when one of the girls had heat exhaustion and wasn't recovering. She kept passing out and was starting to have minor seizures. In the end we had to take her to the ER where they pumped her full of fluids and were able to release her about 6 hours later (which is pretty quick for ER standards). I guess I missed all the fun though, because the nurse I left in charge at camp didn't stop moving that night. While I was gone, there was an outbreak of poison ivy, 3 girls burned their fingers in the fire and another girl was starting into heat exhaustion. I felt kind of bad for leaving her with all that when I got back from the hospital until right when I was about to get ready for bed I get a call that a girl had somehow got glow-stick fluid in her eye. 15 minutes of flushing and an eye patch later I sent her to bed and called in for the night. Overall, it was fun time and I enjoyed getting to know some of the girls and leaders I otherwise would not have.
So while I was away, the boys went to babysitters on Wed. and Thurs. and then Ryan was home with them on Fri. and Sat. I was somewhat nervous how that would all go, but Ryan said it went pretty well and they had a fun boy weekend. When I got home on Saturday the boys were really glad to see me, but I could tell Tate wanted his dad more than usual (which is not always the case for this momma's-boy). So it ended up being fun for them and good bonding time.
Since I don't have any pictures from camp I looked on my camera to see what I could add to this post. As I flipped through picture after picture of unknown shots it became clear that someone had quite a fun photo shoot. That someone being our 3 year old and that photo shoot consisting of 90 pictures (yes I counted them)! Grant is usually not allowed free range of the camera, but like I said when mom is away...
Here is a sampling of some of his shots. They range from portrait, to candid, to artistic. I think we may have a budding photographer on our hands :)








6 comments:
LOVE the pictures he took and how fun that you go to go and experience that!!
Nice pictures. I especially like the still life of the dog and the computer.
What fun pictures! :) Crazy stories from camp too! How in the world did she get glow stick fluid in her EAR?? I'm sure they were SO glad you were there! Glad your boys survived without you.
Although it scares me to give my kids the camera, I do like the interesting perspective on the world I get :) Sounds like a nice, adventurous girls camp. We were never like that ;)
Sounds like you had fun at girls camp! They sure kept you all busy that one night! yikes! I don't remember anything like that happening when we went!! :) Your boys are adorable! It's always cool to see things through their eyes!
Hey they did a great job with the pictures!
Post a Comment