Monday, January 25, 2010

The Manliest Man

Ryan convinced a few of his co-residents to not shave over the Christmas break and then to come back and compare their facial foliage. They called it "Don't-Shave-December". After the post-Christmas comparison each person could then decide what to do with their man-hair. Ryan held true to the deal and grew more facial hair than he's ever had in his life. He even held on to it for an extra week after returning to school. I had actually started getting used to it. But when the time to shave finally arrived, Ryan couldn't bring himself to make a clean break with his new-found manliness. The following series of photos were the result. (He wore each of these to school for a day.)

Which one is your favorite?

The Irish Prize Fighter
a.k.a. The Dock-hand




The Classic Handlebar



The Dirty Stash
a.k.a. The Tom Selleck




The Rhett Butler
a.k.a. Jaque


When Ryan finally shaved off the last of his facial hair I could have sworn I heard a faint, deep bellow of sorrow come from the last hair that fell. It was truly the passing of an age.

8 comments:

Laura said...

Nicely done! Dan grows quite the beard too and it WAS a sad day when he had to shave it. :)

Christine Kimball said...

Sam is jealous..... the only kind of beard he can grow is the Heber Kimball.

Bacchus Family said...

It is amazing how much a little facial hair can change a look. I'm not a big fan of facial hair on Chad, except I kind of like 5 o'clock shadows.

Cristina Lejardi said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Oh, man. Good stuff. Good, good stuff.

tracie said...

Haha!!! Totally forgot about this when you mentioned it last weekend. I think the Irish Prize Fighter is pretty cool.

Troy said...

Tom Selleck #2 gets my vote. Nothing says man like a mustache, a scarf, and an overcoat!

Jenna said...

Haha! Very entertaining post!

Lizzy said...

Oh my funny! Love the nasty stash! Very impressive Ryan! LOVE that you started a baking blog Erin. I will look at it often! So excited!