Monday, July 20, 2009

What we've been up to...

Amidst Ryan's school and continuing to organize the house we have been keeping ourselves pretty busy around these parts. Here are some of the things we've been up to:

Tate got a new exersaucer (go Craigslist!) that can buy me about 5 minutes of entertainment time a few times a day. Hey, sometimes 5 minutes is all you need.
For the 4th of July we went to a BBQ with some of the orthodontic department. I decided to pull out the apron and make some festive cupcakes. That helped satisfy my need to bake for about a week (I tell you, I have issues).
Grant loved the BBQ because they had games and tons of snacks and prizes for the kiddies. He won this lovely giraffe hat as well as a spiderman backpack and coloring book.
This giraffe hat has been quite popular in our house and makes for some cute pictures.
In the meantime, Tate turned 5 months old and has been getting cuter by the minute. He rolls all over the place and can scoot around pretty well. When I put him down on his play mat he's usually a couple of feet away by the time I come back to get him. He also continues to be a very happy boy and loves to laugh and smile at anyone who will look at him.
He has also started to get into this position, so I imagine his mobility is going to increase dramatically in the next month. Time for baby-proofing again!
On the weekends we have been taking advantage of the unseasonably cool weather and visiting local parks. Come to find out the Columbus area has an awesome park system. There are tons very close to us that are beautiful. The past two Saturday's we have loaded the boys up in the Double Bob and gone for a run on nature trails. Both times the weather has been overcast and cool which have been perfect for running and enjoying the scenery. This picture is when we got home from our last park outing. Grant was wearing his coat because it had been raining and the temperature was in the high 60's, in July! Can't complain!
Ryan and I were able to do a babysitter swap with some friends and went to the Movie Tavern this past weekend to see Harry Potter. This is a theater were you can order and eat food while you watch the movie. The movie was great but Ryan and I both agree if we go to that theater again we would eat before hand, it was not very good. At least the seats were very comfy!
One final activity was a stop into the Steak n' Shake. It's a burger chain they have out here that we wanted to try (there were not many shake and burger joints in NC). It was cheap and pretty good, although we did not even want a shake so we'll have to go again and try one. They did give Grant a fun little paper hat and '56 Chevy Bel Air that he's been loving. He calls it his pirate hat and hot rod.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Tate needs to come show McKenna a thing or two about mobility. She's 9 months and can't get into the crawl position yet... But to tell the truth I'm in no hurry. :) Looks like a fun couple of weeks you've had!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Wow... sounds like you guys are pretty busy. We have steak 'n shakes around here, but I haven't ever been. Maybe its time. And, we went to see Harry too... Talk about an expensive movie (once you include the babysitter). Maybe for the next one we will have to wait until the DVD comes out :)

Jenna said...

I love that picture of Grant with the Giraffe hat...he looks as though he's saying to whomever is taking the picture: "You're talking to me?" Looks like everyone is having fun! Miss you!!