That's right folks, another year has passed and I have become older and ... well, probably just older. I had a great birthday thanks to my wonderful family and friends and all the calls, cards, emails and treats! Ryan got done with school early so we were able to go to lunch at Firebirds while a friend watched and entertained Grant (thanks Lizzy!). It was delicious, I highly recommend it. We were also able to do some shopping (you can see some of the goods at the end of this post). And quite possibly my favorite birthday tradition: the Big Fat Chocolate Cake.
For the past two years, Ryan has summoned his baking abilities to make me this cake on my birthday. It has become a tradition that I'm pretty sure we will continue unless we find a cake to top this one. One of the best parts of this present is that Ryan takes this process seriously (notice the apron) and does everything himself, from preparing the pans to cleaning the kitchen. I just get to relax, do whatever I want and enjoy delicious cake later.
Grant enjoying some of the baked goods brought over by friends for my B-Day. Again, this is the result of "say cheese". I probably need to think of a new way to get him to smile nicely for the camera.
7 comments:
Happy belated birthday. I wish I could have helped you eat that cake. Enjoy the books!
Happy Birthday! Every year for the last 3 years, I see that cake on your blog and I salivate. Mmmm...
Happy (late) Birthday!! Sam and I always go to Firebirds to celebrate anything we think is worth celebrating (birthdays, anniversaries, friday nights...). That chocolate cake looks very inviting...too bad we're a state away!
Horrible friend I know! I thought about you on your b-day and somehow the day went to fast! SO So sorry! Happy to hear Ryan spoiled you!We will celebrate you and the babe on Saturday! Love ya Erin!
Thanks for posting the picture of the cake. I was kinda jealous when I was on the phone with you and heard you guys taking that out of the oven. And now the picture, you're killing me Ryan! j/k Glad you had a wonderful day...oh and I heard Bon Jovi three times today and thought of you. Love ya and miss you lots!
So. I'm still a lame friend. Happy Belated Birthday. I really wish we were better friends now too so that I could have a big slice of that delicious looking cake Ryan made. Tell him he's a rockstar in my book.
That cake looks amazing!!!
Post a Comment